Texas Health Care Open Enrollment will run from November 1, 2021 to December 15, 2021
Freeway’s licensed and experienced agents are here to help you select, apply for, and enroll in the right healthcare insurance plan for you and your family.
- Texas has one of the highest numbers of people enrolled in healthcare insurance in the country, and residents are required to enroll with an insurance provider.
- Texas health care open enrollment will run from November 1, 2021 to December 15, 2021. If you enroll during this period, your coverage will become effective on the first of the following month.
- There are ten providers in Texas to choose from, all with varying coverage and premiums.
- You may qualify for financial assistance based on your income that helps pay for both coverage and care. Note that, while premiums have increased, subsidies have also increased for those who qualify.
- Enrollment can be done from your home’s comfort and safety online or over the phone.
Take Care of Yourself and Your Family with Health Insurance
Navigating health insurance options on your own can be overwhelming and costly. Factors such as where you live, the number of people in your family, and your healthcare needs will impact which insurance is right for you and your loved ones. Freeway Insurance understands this and will help make the entire process as straight forward as possible.
If you can’t afford health insurance, there are options available to make sure you and your family are covered—and avoid the penalties that can come from not being insured.
You can also give us a call at 877-707-0465 to talk to an expert insurance agent who can answer your questions and help you find the health insurance plan that fits your needs and budget.
Health Insurance Helps with More than Illness
The right health insurance coverage will do more than help if you or a family member is sick or injured. It helps you stay healthy and take important preventative actions like getting routine checkups. With health insurance, you don’t have to wait until things are serious to receive the care you need.
If you face a major medical incident, healthcare insurance can protect your finances while receiving treatment. Surgery, hospitalization, and medications quickly add up if you don’t have coverage. Health insurance is more than a must-do. It’s a must-have that can protect your health and finances.
Freeway is Here to Help
We’re here to help you meet your health insurance needs. Our experienced agents can help you:
- Work through the federal government’s healthcare exchange at HealthCare.gov to connect you with the right health insurance for your needs.
- Compare plans available for residents of Texans—rates have changed for almost all providers in 2021.
- Identify if you qualify for any free or low-cost programs.
- Know exactly what your premiums will be and what coverage you’ll receive.
- Apply for government financial assistance for help with both the cost of care and health insurance premiums.
- Meet enrollment deadlines and avoid penalties.
- Get outstanding service all year round: before, during, and after the enrollment period. We’re here to help!
Qualifying Life Events
If you don’t meet the open enrollment timeframe, you will only be able to change or purchase health insurance when a qualifying life event has occurred. These are limited to the following:
- Having a child by birth, adoption, or foster care.
- Placing a child for adoption or foster care.
- Change in where you live (including release from jail).
- Losing health care (such as losing employer coverage, or no longer qualifying for Medicaid).
- Change in your income, particularly a drop that impacts your ability to pay for health insurance.
- Turning 26-years-old and losing eligibility to be covered by your parent or guardian’s plan.
- Marriage or entering a domestic partnership.
- Becoming a citizen, national, or lawfully present individual.
Get Your Free Health Insurance Quote TodayFind out today what your health insurance options are, including a free quote for coverage for you and your family. Health insurance gives you peace of mind, knowing that you can get the preventative care coverage you need if you face illness or hospitalization. We’re here to help. Start your quote online or call us today to find the plan that meets your needs and budget.
If You Have Questions, We Have Answers
Individual and family health insurance policies provide health coverage to specific persons and/or their families. These plans are available for people who do not have health insurance provided by their employer or other organizations. While many people tend to get health insurance through their work, the Health Marketplace provides individual and family plans to ensure that anyone who wants health insurance can get affordable coverage. Learn Morein or FAQ’s page
A Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan is a health insurance policy that has a preferred network of healthcare providers, but will provide coverage if you decide to get health services outside of their network. While PPO health insurance plans tend to have higher priced premiums, they offer the insured more freedom of choice in where to receive treatment. Learn Morein or FAQ’s page
A Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan is a health insurance policy that offers coverage to health services within a network that agrees to charge lower rates for their care and treatment. While HMO plans won’t cover health services received from doctors, hospitals, etc. outside of their network, they tend to have lower premium rates than other health plans. Learn Morein or FAQ’s page