Start your quote!
Start your quote!
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine, sometimes referred to as telehealth services, involves the remote diagnosis and treatment of patients via telecommunication technology which can include telephone and/or video.
According to the American Medical Association (AMA), 80% of all visits to the doctors office, Urgent Care, and ER could have been handled through a telemedicine consultation. Just having access to a plan can save the average family of four over $1000 per year in unnecessary medical expenses.
Most people hate going to the doctor or Urgent Care clinic because they have to wait for hours to be seen and sometimes end up getting sicker than they were because they catch illnesses from other patients. Telemedicine is a fast, convenient, and affordable alternative. It can be used from the comfort of your home and coverage costs less than 20 cents per day for you and your family.
A telemdicine plan from Freeway Insurance offers many benefits, including:
- A convenient alternative to Urgent Care or an ER visit, which can be time-consuming and costly
- Access to US doctors 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- An affordable option for customers who do not have insurance
- Family coverage: individual, spouse, and children legally residing in the household are all covered under one plan
- A free discount brochure that can save you and your family money on prescriptions, theme parks, and more
Common Uses For Telehealth Services
Telemedicine services can be used for a number of non-emergency situations, such as:
- Diagnoses of common medical problems such as headache, sore throat, allergies, asthma, bronchitis, cold or flue, ear infection, pink eye, digestive problems, and many other issues
- Inquiries about various medical issues for home treatments
- Holiday, weekend, and late night consultations when regular medical care is not available
- Patient inability to leave the house due to sickness or bad weather conditions
How Does a Telemedicine Plan Work?
Using your telemedicine plan is easy and convenient, and care is available 24 hours a days, seven days a week. Here’s how it works:
- Patient calls the telehealth number and speaks to a representative
- Representative requests basic information from the patient, including demographics, credit card details (if needed for co-pay), and symptoms
- A doctor calls back within 15-30 minutes to conduct the consultation and provide a prescription, if needed
Telemedicine Plan Cost
Telemedicine plans from Freeway Insurance are affordable costing around 20 cents per day. There are two types of plans available:
6 Month Plan: $60
12 Month Plan: $100
Use of the service is unlimited, but a $25 copay applies for each call.
Purchase a Telemedicine Plan
Get access to convenient, affordable telephone health care today. Our telehealth services are currently available in California, Arizona, Texas, Kansas, and Missouri. You can purchase a plan over the phone at 800-777-5620. Once you purchase a telemedicine plan, you can start using it right away.