Missed the Deadline? You May Still Qualify for Coverage
In Oregon, you must apply for health insurance through the marketplace by Jan. 15, 2022 to be covered for 2022. However, there are certain life events that will allow you to apply after the deadline has passed. These qualifying life events include:
- Having a child by birth, adoption, or foster care.
- Placing a child for adoption or foster care.
- Change in where you live (including release from jail).
- Losing health care (such as losing employer coverage, or no longer qualifying for Medicaid).
- Change in your income, particularly a drop that impacts your ability to pay for health insurance.
- Turning 26-years-old and losing eligibility under your parent or guardian’s plan.
- Marriage or entering a domestic partnership.
- Becoming a citizen, national or lawfully present individual.
Finding Health Insurance in Oregon Can Be Stress Free
At Freeway Insurance, we are here to make navigating health insurance in Oregon as easy as possible. We are experts in finding the best and most affordable healthcare for you and your family. We take the stress out of signing up for marketplace healthcare. Call 800-435-0485 today to find out how we can help.