Health Insurance for You and Your Family in Oregon
Good health coverage in this day and age is something we all need. Finding the right health insurance can be confusing. There are plenty of options out there and so many different types of health insurance. How can you make sense of it all?
Understanding which providers are available to you in Oregon and which ones are going to provide the care you need at the price you want can be tricky. You want to pick a plan that has the appropriate amount of coverage, but also one that you can afford. With a wide variety of plans available at different tiers, it can get confusing fast. At Freeway Insurance, we can help you and your family sort it all out.
Even though Oregon law no longer requires its residents to have a health plan, it still makes sense to protect yourself and your loved ones. Being proactive about your family’s healthcare will save you money and stress in the long run.
At Freeway Insurance, our agents are standing by to help you find the proper medical coverage that you can afford. Call us at 800-435-0485 to get answers today.
Find Peace of Mind with Health Insurance in Oregon
Some people think health coverage in OR is just for times when you or a family member is critically ill or injured. In reality, a policy more than pays for itself when you take into consideration that regular, preventative medical attention can help keep you from becoming very ill in the first place. A health plan also helps manage chronic conditions – and their costs – such as diabetes, arthritis and more.
With the advent of the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, health coverage is more affordable and accessible than ever. Oregon is one of 18 states that administers a state-based exchange on the federal government’s health marketplace exchange through Oregon Health Authority, or OHA.
Oregonians who have protection can relax, knowing that in the event of an accident or an illness, their health plan is going to help them pay the bills. You and your family won’t have to do without when it comes to needing medical care. Don’t wait – enroll before the deadline.
Freeway Understands Oregon Health Care
Understanding insurance jargon about deductibles, premiums, what’s covered, what’s not and for how much money is complicated. At Freeway, we can help you make sense of all the options, including:
- Working through the Affordable Care Act marketplace to connect you with the right health plan for your needs.
- Compare plans available for residents of Oregon—rates change every year.
- Identify if you qualify for any free health insurance or low-cost programs, like Medicaid.
- Know exactly what your premiums will be and what coverage you’ll receive.
- Apply for government financial assistance for help with both the cost of care and premiums.
- Meet enrollment deadlines.
Get outstanding service all year round: before, during and after the enrollment period. We’re here to help!
Open Enrollment in Oregon
Oregon residents have from Nov. 1 to Jan. 15 to take advantage of Open Enrollment in the state’s ACA healthcare plans. Residents must enroll by Dec. 15 for coverage to start on Jan. 1.
Missed Open Enrollment? You May Still Qualify for Special Enrollment
In Oregon, you must apply through the marketplace by Jan. 15. However, there are certain life events that will allow you to apply after the deadline has passed during a Special Enrollment period. These qualifying life events include:
- Having a child by birth, adoption, or foster care.
- Placing a child for adoption or foster care.
- Change in where you live (including release from jail).
- Losing health care (such as losing employer coverage, or no longer qualifying for Medicaid).
- Change in your income, particularly a drop that impacts your ability to pay for health insurance.
- Turning 26-years-old and losing eligibility under your parent or guardian’s plan.
- Marriage or entering a domestic partnership.
- Becoming a citizen, national or lawfully present individual.
Signing Up for Healthcare in Oregon
Applying for a health policy through the Affordable Care Act can be confusing. There are many plans to choose from, all with different premiums and deductibles, as well as a variety of costs for your primary care doctor, specialist visits and pharmacy. At Freeway Insurance, we have skilled agents who can help you navigate the choices.
- We can help you select how much coverage you need and the amount you will pay by explaining the four categories: Bronze, Silver, Gold, & Platinum. Learn more about health plan metal tiers.
- There are four providers in Oregon for all residents, with two additional providers for certain sections of the state, to choose from, all with different degrees of coverage and premiums.
- You may qualify for a financial stipend based on your income that helps pay for both coverage and care. See if you qualify.
- Enrollment is available from your home’s comfort and safety online, over the phone or in our office.
Finding Health Insurance in Oregon Can Be Stress Free
At Freeway Insurance, we are here to make navigating the marketplace in Oregon as easy as possible. We are experts in finding the best and most affordable healthcare for you and your family. We take the stress out of signing up for marketplace healthcare. Call 800-435-0485 today to find out how we can help.