During these difficult times, everyone is doing their best to face the Coronavirus pandemic. If you’re currently on lockdown or just being careful and staying home, it can be comforting to know that you have healthcare options that allow you to get the treatment you need without leaving your home. Learn why telemedicine can be an excellent option for you and your family.
1. What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine technology helps you get treatment remotely in a variety of ways, like online portals, mobile devices, and video conferences. It allows diagnosis, treatment, and remote patient monitoring.
Keep in mind that you should not use this type of service if you have severe symptoms or if your condition mandates an in-person exam.
2. What is the Difference between Telemedicine vs. Telehealth?
Telemedicine refers specifically to clinical services via communication technology, while Telehealth can include non-clinical services, such as training and administrative tasks. This coverage is sometimes also referred to as Telehealth.
3. How Does Telemedicine Work?
Using the service is easy, and you can access it at any time you might need it. Here’s what you need to do:
- Call your designated number and talk to a representative.
- The representative will ask about your symptoms and gather your information.
- A doctor will call you back within 15-30 minutes, conduct the consultation and, if needed, give you a prescription.
4. What Are Some Examples of Telemedicine?
There are a wide variety of ways you can take advantage of the service. An essential advantage of the service right now is getting the necessary treatment for a respiratory disease without the danger of infecting others.
Dr. Stephen Parodi, an infectious disease specialist, stated that the use of telemedicine is going to be critical for the management of COVID-19.
Other examples include holiday or off-hours consultations or getting the care you need without breaking the bank with costly doctor visits.
5. How Much Does Telemedicine Cost?
Costs can vary depending on the provider and type of service. For example, Freeway Insurance offers two plans :
Gold Tier ($25 co-pay): $60 for a 6-month plan and $100 for 12 months of service.
Platinum Tier (no co-pay): $75 for a 6-month plan and $100 for 12 months of service.
6. What Are the Benefits of Telemedicine?
There are several benefits offered by a telemedicine plan:
- Access to a doctor or nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Unlimited usage during the plan period
- Covers the entire household: individual, spouse, and children legally residing in the household
- It’s an affordable option for those who don’t have insurance.
- The whole family can be covered under one plan.
- Quality medical services without leaving your home.
7. How Can You Get a Telemedicine Plan?
Be sure to ask your current health care provider if they offer telemedicine plans. You may even be already covered, so check your policy. Keep in mind that not every company provides the service.
Did you know that Freeway Insurance offers telemedicine coverage? Get great service at an affordable price today. You can purchase any plans over the phone.