Motorcycle Insurance: The 3 Most Important Things You Should Know
Summer is here and it’s time to hit the pavement, riding free on your motorcycle. Whether you’re a newbie biker or you’ve been riding for years, you know having affordable motorcycle insurance is a must. You and your bike must be ready for everything from adventure to the unexpected: Accidents happen, and they need to be handled quickly. Read on to learn three things you need to know about motorcycle insurance right now that will have you covered no matter what comes your way.
1. Motorcycle Insurance Is Required by Law
There’s a reason most states require motorcycle insurance — for the protection of everyone. By having bodily injury liability coverage and property damage liability coverage, you are protected from losing your home or other assets. These policies also cover medical bills and any property damage that may have occurred. The minimum coverage will also help with court costs in the event you are sued. However, there are some instances where the minimum insurance required by law doesn’t cover the unexpected event.
2. You Can Get Motorcycle Insurance Discounts
Just like getting a discount for auto insurance, you can also save on motorcycle insurance. Consider taking a motorcycle safety training class and installing a theft recovery system on your motorcycle to get a discount. Other discounts include:
• Experienced rider discounts
• Multi-vehicle discounts
• Discounts for living in a low-crime area
• Motorcycle riding association discounts
• Policy bundling discounts such as car, home and motorcycle
• Seasonal insurance, where you insure your motorcycle on a seasonal basis if you only ride during the spring and summer months.
3. Umbrella Insurance for Motorcycles
Unexpected events can happen that aren’t covered by a limited motorcycle insurance policy. For example, would you be covered if you got into an accident with an uninsured motorist? Is your bike covered in the event that it damaged by vandalism? What about roadside assistance? These extras are optional, but they can be included in your policy and give you total peace of mind as you ride your motorcycle, knowing that Freeway Insurance has you covered.
There are other ways your motorcycle can be covered with added umbrella insurance:
• Accessory coverage will help cover extras such as wheels, custom paint and more.
• Rental coverage will pay for a rental vehicle in the event your motorcycle is damaged and you’re unable to ride it.
• Lodging and food coverage can assist you if you’re away from home and break down.
• And more!
Looking for affordable insurance for your motorcycle? Freeway Insurance has you covered. Whether you just want the minimum, or you want some fancy extras, rest assured our staff will give you all the information you need to make an informed decision. Call (800) 777-5620 and our friendly staff will answer all your questions and give you motorcycle insurance quotes that won’t bust your budget. That way, you can use the extra money for doing what you love – riding your motorcycle while we take care of the rest.