Start your quote!
Start your quote!
Identity Theft Protection Facts
Every 2 seconds another American becomes a victim of identity theft.  In 2017 alone, over 6% of consumers became new victims of this fast-growing crime. 
Even worse, 50% of all victims don’t discover the crime until over 90 days have passed, and 10% – 20% of all victims won’t know they have been targeted until 4 years have gone by. 
What Is Identity Theft?
Identity theft means someone stole and used your personal information, typically for financial gain. Identity fraud means your personal information was used to commit a crime. Both are very common. For that reason, identity protection is highly recommended.
Common Ways an Identity Thief Can Use Your Information
- Stolen driver’s license – carried by people with DUI convictions, to give police your identity when they are arrested
- Stolen health insurance ID – to get expensive treatments under your insurance
- Stolen Social Security number – to give your social security number to an illegal worker in this country
- Stolen identity – to lease a vehicle in your name, buy a cell phone in your name to make expensive international calls, and to commit credit card fraud, purchasing merchandise online with your credentials
- Tax Return Fraud – Yes, countless criminals have filed tax returns using stolen identities and have received refund payments. How much? The IRS reports they erroneously paid out several billion dollars in fraudulent tax refunds in 2017
- Stolen bank account numbers – to steal your cash.
What Are the Damages of ID Theft?
- Problems with law enforcement, if they erroneously have you listed as the perpetrator of a criminal act
- Delayed medical treatment, if your health insurance has been ‘maxed out’
- Problems getting credit to purchase a home or a vehicle
- Trouble collecting your social security benefits
Not to mention these damages as well:
- Lost wages while you attempt to undo the damages
- Legal fees, as you hire attorneys to work on your behalf
- Declined credit for legitimate purchases
- Damage to your credit report
What Are the Chances of You Becoming a Victim?
Statistics show that you are more likely to become a victim of identity theft and fraud than of a home burglary or vehicle theft. The good news is victims are often not held responsible for the fraudulent debts established in their name. However, victims of identity theft or fraud do have the responsibility of contacting banks, credit issuers and other agencies to dispute these fraudulent charges; and that is no easy task. The hours and effort required to contact these agencies and bureaus are a major inconvenience. The strain and stress significantly impacts the lives of victims and their loved ones.
The Solution: ID Theft Protection from Freeway Insurance
Freeway Insurance’s Identity Theft Protection plan monitors your credit report and personal information and alerts you of suspicious activity. assists with the costs of restoring and repairing a consumer’s identity and credit history.
Still Undecided? More Facts About ID Theft Protection
According to its 2018 identity fraud study, the Javelin Strategy Group reports that:
- Last year, almost 17 million Americans were victims of identity fraud
- The number of victims continues to rise every year
- Card-Not-Present fraudulent purchases (online purchase fraud) is now 81% more likely to occur than point-of-sale (in person) credit card fraud
- Account takeover losses tripled in 2017, increasing to their all-time high, largely because of large-scale data breaches. Some of those data breaches received major media attention
Overall, criminals stole almost 17 billion dollars through identity fraud last year.
Can You Have Peace of Mind About Identity Theft?
Today, your personal information is collected and used in ways you might not be aware of. Your information is valuable. So, get peace of mind knowing you are protected in the event of ID theft and that you have a dedicated advocate who will work on your behalf.
What is Covered with a Freeway Insurance Identity Theft Protection Plan?
Members have 24/7 access to Identity Theft Restoration Advocates who provide comprehensive, personalized recovery services. If you become the victim of identity theft, we’ll assign a Recovery Advocate to manage your case. Your Recovery Advocate will work with our recovery team (fraud investigators, legal counsel, and other experts) to help with the recovery process. This includes:
- Investigate and confirm the fraudulent activity, including known, unknown and potentially complicated additional sources of identity theft
- Complete and mail customized, pre-populated, state specific “Fraud Packet” via certified mail with prepaid return instructions
- Place phone calls, send electronic notifications, and prepare appropriate documentation on the member’s behalf, including dispute letters for defensible complaints to any and all appropriate state agencies and financial institutions
- Issue fraud alerts and victim statements when necessary, with the three consumer credit reporting agencies, the FTC, SSA, and U.S. Postal Service
- Submit Special Limited Power of Attorney and ID Theft Affidavit to involved creditors for card cancellation and new card issuance
- Contact, follow up and escalate issues with affected agencies, creditors, financial institutions, to reinforce member’s rights
- Assist the member in notifying local law enforcement authorities to file the appropriate official reports
- Utilize real-time access to public records reports including DMV, criminal, address changes, liens, and judgments for further investigation where applicable
- Provide peace of mind and resolution of key issues from start to finish as swiftly as possible
- Provide members with a “Case Completion Kit” including copies of documentation, correspondence, forms and letters for their personal records
Identity Theft Protection Pricing
Identity theft protection from Freeway Insurance is affordable costing just $60 for a six month plan, and $100 for a 12 month plan.
How Do I Get Identity Theft Protection?
Freeway Insurance provides identity theft protection options to give you peace of mind. Give us a call today at 800-777-5620 to purchase identity theft protection.