Getting a Free Auto Insurance Quote with Freeway is Easy!
Reasons an SR-22 May Be Required in CA
The following is a list of reasons you may be asked to satisfy a SR-22 requirement. Having a suspended or restricted license may also be cause for filing.
- Driving without a legal license, not having it with you, or it is expired.
- Driving without the minimum state required auto insurance or liability insurance coverage of 15/30/5 may cause you to be required to file an SR-22 certificate.
- Receiving multiple traffic citations over a short period, driving recklessly or certain high-speed traffic violations.
- Having any serious moving violation, like a DUI or DWI.
- Your license is suspended or revoked.
- Unpaid court-ordered child support.
If you are convicted for driving under the influence in California, you will most likely be looking for a DUI solution. Freeway Insurance has experience with finding affordable car insurance for high-risk drivers.
How Long Will I Need an SR-22 Insurance in California?
Due to serious nature of these offenses, the SR-22 will stay on your driving record for three years. Over that time, it is necessary to renew the form. Check with your state DMV regarding renewal periods. If you do not continue to keep the SR-22 on file as directed, you may be subject to legal action, additional fees, and penalties or have difficulty renewing your insurance policy.
Have an SR-22? Get a Custom Car Insurance Quote for California Today!
SR-22 insurance protects you from the consequences of driving without insurance in California. And should you be involved in an accident, Freeway can help get coverage for any car repairs or medical expenses for both you and other drivers involved. Get started with a car insurance quote online, visit us at a California office near you, or call us at 800-777-5620 for a quote.