New Florida Special Enrollment Period from February 15 to August 15, 2021!
Freeway’s licensed and experienced agents are here to help you select, apply for, and enroll in the right healthcare insurance plan for you and your family.
- You are required to have health insurance in Florida. The state has the highest number of people enrolled in healthcare insurance in the country.
- You may qualify for financial assistance based on your income that helps pay for both coverage and care. Note that, while premiums have increased, subsidies have also increased for those who qualify.
- Enrollment can be done from your home’s comfort and safety, over the phone or online.
- The new special enrollment period runs from February 15 to August 15, 2021. If you enroll during this period, your coverage will become effective on the first of the following month.
Take Care of Yourself and Your Family with Health Insurance
On your own, navigating health insurance options can be overwhelming and costly, especially as more providers are now offering coverage in Florida than in previous years. Freeway Insurance understands this and will help make the entire process as straight forward as possible.
If you can’t afford health insurance, there are options available to make sure you and your family are covered—and avoid the penalties that can come from not being insured.
You can also give us a call at 877-706-7597 to talk to an expert insurance agent who can answer your questions and help you find the health insurance plan that fits your needs and budget.
Health Insurance Helps with More than Illness
Freeway is Here to Help
We’re here to help you meet your health insurance needs. Our experienced agents can help you:
- Work through the federal government’s healthcare exchange at HealthCare.gov to connect Floridians with the right health insurance for their needs.
- Compare plans available for residents of Florida.
- Identify if you are eligible for any free or low-cost programs.
- Know exactly what your premiums will be and what coverage you’ll receive.
- Apply for government financial assistance for help with both the cost of care and health insurance premiums.
- Meet enrollment deadlines and avoid penalties.
- We are not an exclusive agent. We aim to connect you with the best healthcare insurance amongst all the providers.
- Get outstanding service all year round: before, during, and after the enrollment period. We’re here to help!
Qualifying Life Events
If you don’t meet the Open Enrollment timeframe (February 15 to August 15, 2021), you will only be able to change or purchase health insurance when a qualifying life event has occurred. These events are limited to the following:
- Having a child by birth, adoption, or foster care.
- Placing a child for adoption or foster care.
- Change in where you live (including release from jail).
- Losing health care (such as losing employer coverage, or no longer qualifying for Medicaid).
- Change in your income, particularly a drop that impacts your ability to pay for health insurance.
- Turning 26-years-old and losing eligibility to be covered by your parent or guardian’s plan.
- Marriage or entering a domestic partnership.
- Becoming a citizen, national, or lawfully present individual.
Get Your Free Health Insurance Quote TodayFind out today what your health insurance options are, including a free quote for coverage for you and your family. Health insurance gives you peace of mind, knowing that you can get the preventative care and coverage you need and if you face illness or hospitalization. We’re here for you. Start your quote online, over the phone, or at one of our offices near you today. We’ll help you find a plan that meets your needs and budget.
If You Have Questions, We Have Answers
Individual and family health insurance policies provide health coverage to specific persons and/or their families. These plans are available for people who do not have health insurance provided by their employer or other organizations. While many people tend to get health insurance through their work, the Health Marketplace provides individual and family plans to ensure that anyone who wants health insurance can get affordable coverage. Learn More
A Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan is a health insurance policy that has a preferred network of healthcare providers, but will provide coverage if you decide to get health services outside of their network. While PPO health insurance plans tend to have higher priced premiums, they offer the insured more freedom of choice in where to receive treatment. Learn More
A Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan is a health insurance policy that offers coverage to health services within a network that agrees to charge lower rates for their care and treatment. While HMO plans won’t cover health services received from doctors, hospitals, etc. outside of their network, they tend to have lower premium rates than other health plans. Learn More