California Special Enrollment is Open Now
Due to COVID-19, many families are eligible to take part in Special Enrollment to find affordable health insurance.
Did you pay a tax penalty on your 2021 California taxes because you don’t have health insurance? If so, you may be eligible to take part in Special Enrollment.
Our bilingual licensed agents are standing by to help you find out if you qualify for Special Enrollment and to find the best plan at the best price for you and your family.
Affordable Health Insurance in California for You and Your Loved Ones During Special Enrollment
Freeway’s licensed, bilingual and experienced agents will help you apply for, select, and enroll in the health insurance plan that best suits you and your family. We can help you:
- Select how much coverage you’ll have and the amount you will pay by explaining the four categories: Bronze, Silver, Gold, & Platinum. Learn more about health plan metal tiers.
- Avoid new tax penalties on your 2022 state returns! Penalties can range from $695 per adult, $347.50 per child, or up to $2,085 for a family of four.
- Apply for financial assistance from the federal government to help pay for the costs of your medical care and coverage. See if you qualify.
- Enrollment can be done over the phone or at any of our conveniently located retail stores.
Affordable Health Insurance for You and Your Family
Purchasing health insurance on your own can be complicated and expensive, but Freeway Insurance can help you save time and money. And if you can’t afford health insurance, we’ll let you know if you qualify to have some or all of your coverage paid for by the government. There are penalties for not having health insurance of at least $800 per adult and $400 per child under 18, so it is important to make sure you are adequately covered to avoid penalties.
You can also give us a call at 877-583-1475 to talk to an expert insurance agent who can answer your questions and help you find the health insurance plan that fits your needs and budget.
Having a Health Insurance Plan Makes Sense
When you have health insurance coverage, you’re more likely to get routine checkups and preventive care, which helps you stay healthy and saves money on medical costs in the long run. Without health insurance, a short hospital stay could be costly if you become sick or injured, and you could be responsible for the entire bill.
A health plan can help protect your finances if you have a major medical incident. Serious diseases or accidents often require surgeries, treatments, and medications that can result in hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical expenses. Don’t get stuck without health insurance the next time you need medical care – let Freeway Insurance help you find an affordable health plan.
Freeway Can Help You:
- Compare plans
- Explore any free or low-cost programs for which you may qualify
- Get a clear picture of what premiums you’ll pay and what benefits you’ll receive before you enroll
- Apply for financial assistance from the federal government to help pay for the costs of your medical care and coverage
- Avoid costly penalties
- Get outstanding service all year round: before, during, and after the enrollment period, we’re here to help!
Qualifying Life Events During Special Enrollment
If you missed Open Enrollment, you may still be eligible to enroll under Special Enrollment. Some, but not all, of the reasons you may qualify include:
- Less than 150 percent of the federal poverty level
- Pandemic (e.g., COVID-19) or national public health emergency
- Paid the penalty for not having health insurance
- Lost or will soon lose my health insurance
- Affected by wildfires or other publicly declared state of emergency
- Newly qualifies for app-based driver stipend
- Got married or entered into domestic partnership
- Had a baby, adopted a child, or began fostering a child
- Permanently moved to or within California
- Gained citizenship/lawful presence
- Returned from active-duty military service
- Domestic abuse or spousal abandonment (Read more about this qualifying life event)
- Federally recognized American Indian/Alaska Native
- Released from jail or prison
Get a Free Health Insurance Quote
Get the peace of mind that comes with knowing you’re protected if you become sick or injured by signing up for a health insurance plan through Freeway Insurance. Find an affordable health care plan that fits your needs and budget through Freeway Insurance. Get a free California health insurance quote online or give us a call to get started.
If You Have Questions, We Have Answers
Individual and family health insurance policies provide health coverage to specific persons and/or their families. These plans are available for people who do not have health insurance provided by their employer or other organizations. While many people tend to get health insurance through their work, the Health Marketplace provides individual and family plans to ensure that anyone who wants health insurance can get affordable coverage. Learn Morein or FAQ’s page
A Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan is a health insurance policy that has a preferred network of healthcare providers, but will provide coverage if you decide to get health services outside of their network. While PPO health insurance plans tend to have higher priced premiums, they offer the insured more freedom of choice in where to receive treatment. Learn Morein or FAQ’s page
A Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan is a health insurance policy that offers coverage to health services within a network that agrees to charge lower rates for their care and treatment. While HMO plans won’t cover health services received from doctors, hospitals, etc. outside of their network, they tend to have lower premium rates than other health plans. Learn Morein or FAQ’s page